Best & Promising Practices
- Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development (Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence, Institute of Behavioral Science, University of Colorado-Boulder)
- Crimesolutions.gov, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs
- Prevent Violence Evidence Base, Centre for Public Health, Liverpool John Moores University
- Promising Practices to Prevent Adolescent Suicide: What We Can Learn from New Jersey New Jersey has one of the lowest state-level adolescent suicide rates. The state has implemented a wide variety of policies and programs identified in the professional literature as important in addressing teen suicide. This report provides an in-depth examination of those policies and practices which collectively appear to have played a major role in reducing the rate of adolescent suicide.
- OJJDP Model Programs Guide The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention's Model Programs Guide and database are designed to assist practitioners and communities in implementing evidence-based prevention and intervention programs. While primarily geared toward justice-involved youth, it includes programs addressing suicide and suicidal behavior.
- SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) NREPP is an evidence-based repository and review system designed to provide the public with reliable information on mental health and substance use interventions. The programs' effects on individual outcomes have been independently assessed and rated by certified NREPP reviewers.